With invent of Industrial Enterprise Act, 2020, many of the following industries have made it through the “Classification of Industry” list along with the existing industries, which covers wider side of industrial areas:
A. Industries to obtain Approvals
– Industries producing Drone or renders other services using drone is added in this category.
B. Energy Based Industry
Prior to these only 3 industries were categorized as Energy based Industry, while new act has added other 3 industries in this list along with the existing industries as:
– Industry based on Bio-gas.
– Industry based on energy feasibility study.
– Electricity energy produced within the captive of sugar industry.
C. Industry based on Agriculture and Forestry
New addition to this list is made by following of the industries:
– Production, processing and storage of food products.
– Industry based on saw mill, furniture and other similar works.
– Industry based on woody works such as parquetting, seasoning, treatment plant, plywood, composite, and others.
– Industry based on production of mushroom, tissue culture and agro-forest industry.
– Cotton farming, production, processing of cotton and its seeds.
D. Construction Industry
– Construction, management and operation of pipe line installment for supply of fuel and gas.
– Construction, management and operation of energy and energy house transmission line.
E. Tourism Industry
– Industry providing training, jip liner, and ultra-light, -walking, skydiving and other sports related activities.
– Industry based on construction and operation of cable car.
(Industry based on the operation of Mountain Flight is withdrawn from the list)
F. Industry based on the Information, Transmission and Communication Technology
1. Information Technology industry
– Knowledge Procession Outsourcing (K.P.O)
– Digital signature certifying agency.
– Web portal, web design service, web hosting, classified online advertisement services.
2. Communication Technology Industry
– Social media, online message, video conference/call.
3. Transmission Technology Industry
– Cinema hall, multiplex cinema hall, construction of film city, film studio.
G. Service Industry
– Operation of gymnasium.
– Polyclinic, operation of rehabilitation center, physiotherapy, clinic, Ayurveda and other related hospitals.
– Swimming pool.
– Soil Testing Services
– Electricity Survey.
– Cleaning Services.
– Retail stores and services.
– Industry providing services to general public through e-commerce, online or software or through an application.
– Service related to leasing of machinery equipment.
– Repacking services of imported materials like photo film slitting, paper slitting, tissue paper slitting, assembling of ball bearing and related materials.
– Business services related to dying of clothes, yarn sizing and printing of clothes.
– Service Apartment.
– Food court, catering, food stall services.
– Providing services related to repairing of equipment and installment, ready mixed concrete, imported house, technology and innovation center.
H. National Priority Industry
– Industries established in Special Economic Zone, Industrial Areas and Industrial Village, operated and constructed by private areas.
– Industry producing goods as specified by Government of Nepal.
– Information Technology Industry
– Production of goods as specified by Nepal Trade Integration Strategy (NTIS).
– Production of Cinema.